Did you know?
- Wars were called off in Greece during the Olympics.
- As many as 70,000 people from all over Greece went to the Olympics.
- Messengers wearing cloaks and carrying wands went all over Greece to announce the dates of the Olympic Games.
- Olympic athletes often trained to the sound of flutes.
- Olympic champions were heroes who brought honor and fame to their villages.
- Milo of Croton, a famous Olympic wrestler, was so strong he could bend nails between two fingers and carry a cow on his shoulders.