Every now and then we’ll be sharing some Fun and/or Amazing facts compiled by Natalie Pope Boyce, author of the Magic Tree House Fact Tracker books.
This week, it’s Sea Monsters. Next time…you’ll have to stop back and see!
- We only know 10% of what lives in the ocean. The rest thrives deep under the sea.
- Giant squids have eyes the size of basketballs!
- Because it’s so dark in the deep sea, many sea creatures make their own light.
- Pink goblins and cookie cutter sharks are two names of mysterious creatures of the deep.
- Giant tube worms live by hot water vents in the Pacific Ocean. They thrive in water that is over 700 degrees!
- Mini subs are being used to explore the deep sea.